FAMILIES IN NEED INFORMATION
- Nelson is 85 years old and his wife Mary is not sure of her age. They live in Ndunyu village with 6 of their grand children 3 of them in secondary school and 3 in primary school. Their biggest challenge is medical bills and educational needs for their grand children. Considered economic activity is chicken farming which is manageable considering their ages. Grand children will assist in this activity. Relief food is required on and off.
- George is in his mid 40s and his wife Monika in her early 40s living in a rented house in Mkungi village. Monika got a stroke and have been bed ridden leaving George with the responsibility of taking care of their entire family of 5 children 2 in secondary school and 3 in primary school. Their greatest challenge is limited sources of income to support increasing family needs. Monika's health has taken toll on George and working round the clock to raise the ever increasing medical bills . Considered support required is- Economic activity- Chicken project and a heifer, Educational support for the secondary schools children and
- Peter aged 54 years is a single parent of 2 young adults for the last 15 years. The wife left their marriage after Peter got a stroke that left his left arm and leg partially paralyzed. This made him exit his career job as an army officer and unable to move around or make use his left arm. His economic Empowerment activity involves a chicken project which he can easily take care of together with his 2 children. He also need educational sponsorship for his secondary school children.
- Margaret Wanjiru is 49 years and very hard-working lady living in Kanamba village with her father who is 80 years old. Margaret is a mother to her 5 children and a guardian to 5 other children of her mentally sick sister. She earn a living as a casual worker to feed the family. For her empowerment she require an economic activity that involve a chicken project, a heifer and education sponsorship for the school going children
- Simon and Lucy have 5 children one of them a boy of 15 years deaf and dump. 2 of their daughters are in secondary school. they are both casual workers in the village and lead a very difficulty life to provide for the needs of the family. They require relief food supplies as a start their empowerment activities that involve a chicken project and education support for their daughters. their situation is urgent